One Chart Shows The Magnitude Of US Naval Dominance
The single most important factor in U.S. military dominance is the country’s powerful navy, which gives the ability to project power anywhere in the world.
Most importantly, it is the Navy’s unparalleled fleet of aircraft carriers.
The U.S. has 19 aircraft carriers, compared to the rest of the world’s 12 aircraft carriers combined. The U.S. carriers are also larger and more technically advanced than any others.
China’s sole carrier, for instance, is a retrofitted Ukrainian carrier from the Soviet Union that was originally supposed to be an off-shore casino.
Our friends at GlobalSecurity.org created a chart that captures not just the scope, but the size of the U.S. aircraft carriers in comparison to the rest of the world. It’s pretty stark:
- One Chart Shows The Magnitude Of US Naval Dominance (dailypaul.com)
- Russia delivers super aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya to India (ndtv.com)
- One Chart Shows The Magnitude Of US Naval Dominance (businessinsider.com)
- Video: India’s second aircraft carrier, INS Vikramaditya, to be commissioned on … – Belfast Telegraph (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Navy Christens Next Generation Of Aircraft Carrier (npr.org)
- Russia hands over $2.3 billion aircraft carrier to India after years of delays; transfer underlies countries’ close defense ties – @Reuters (in.reuters.com)
- India buys third aircraft carrier amid rivalry with China (theguardian.com)
- Vikramaditya to be escorted by Indian warships (indrus.in)
- Indian Navy to induct super aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya today (ndtv.com)
- Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya inducted into Indian Navy (ibnlive.in.com)