Just How BIG is the Web?
Are you ready for some big numbers? Well how about this:
THERE ARE MORE THAN 150 BILLION SEARCHABLE INDEXED WEB PAGES ON THE INTERNET.
Once you pick your digital jaw up off the floor, check out a new infographic from Bloxx that shares more on just how big the Web has become. Some of our favorite highlights include:
– If you downloaded every bit of Web content from your computer, it would take 11 trillion years.
– If you packed 450 2-terabyte storage drives into a single 8’ x 10’ room, you’d need 1,000 drive-packed rooms to equal the estimated “Exabyte” of data on the Web
– The amount of data travelling over the Internet in just three minutes is the digital equivalent of every motion picture ever made in the last 120 years.
“Our ‘Big Web’ infographic shows the dramatic size, and threat, of accessing the more than 700* million Web sites offering some trillion terabytes of data,” said Charles Sweeney, CEO of Bloxx, a Web content filtering and email security company. “Next generation real-time Web content filters that analyze and categorize the content of web pages at the point-of-request, are the only way to stay ahead of the avalanche of new, and often malicious, sites created every day.”
Discover the Tactics and Techniques of the Top Digital Enterprises
today in Website Magazine’s Special Spring Issue – Web 100.
- Google moves in on ‘how-to’ web video market – Register (newestgadgetsinfo.com)
- Bloxx Announces Secure Sockets Layer Intercept (SSLI) Software Development Kit for Security Solution Providers; Security solution providers can now easily create a fully-featured SSL content proxy application with Bloxx’s proven technology (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Bloxx Infographic Draws Picture of a Massive World Wide Web (prweb.com)
- Just How BIG is the Web? (thresholdtechnologycurvemodel.wordpress.com)
- Web Designing Company in Kolkata (daniweb.com)
- Three reasons why the Semantic Web has failed (gigaom.com)
- Six Branding Basics Web Developers Don’t Want to Miss (pschaecker.wordpress.com)
- Expert Tips for Staying on Top of the Latest Web Design Trends (rasmussen.edu)
- Bloxx Announces Secure Sockets Layer Intercept (SSLI) Software Development Kit For Security Solution Providers (darkreading.com)