19 Signs You Have a Jewish Mother
2. You gain weight every holiday because of her cooking.
3. She reminds you not to forget your coat because it’s always a bit too cold out.
4. When she comes to visit, she brings several containers of food.
5. Since the age of 3, you were told you should be a lawyer or a doctor.
6. If you cough, she will ask you to visit the doctor asap.
7. She will carry your wedding album in her purse to make sure all her friends see her beautiful kids.
8. If you serves in the army, she will drive 200 km or more to come to visit you every Shabbat.
9. When you meet a new girl/guy, the entire family will know about it in 15 minutes.
10. If she calls and you don’t answer, she will continue calling until you do.
11. When you take a flight, she will ask you to call her as soon as you land.
12. If you don’t, see will soon take a flight to make sure you are ok!
13. If you don’t finish your dinner, she will tell you she slaved in the kitchen and won’t cook again. Until the next time, of course.
14. She will be upset after you get your first tattoo or piercings, and give you guilt for it for the rest of your life.
15. It doesn’t matter how old you are, you will stay a kid to her.
16. You will give new girlfriends/boyfriends a list of what NOT to say to your mom.
17. She will notice everything new and comment on it, even on silly stuff.
18. After a few hours at her home, you will need a strong drink.
19. No matter what you do, you know she will always love you.
- My progressive Jewish space away from home (thejc.com)
- Jewish Democrats vs. Jewish Republicans on new Iran sanctions (haaretz.com)
- U.S. Jewish leaders freeze campaign for tougher Iran sanctions for 60 days (haaretz.com)
- Shabbat (holynametwo.wordpress.com)
- Atheist Promises to Obey the Jewish Sabbath for $1,000 Donation to Charity (patheos.com)
- Ex-U.K. FM: Jewish money biggest obstacle to Mideast peace (haaretz.com)
- “People Spotted”: Blonde Hair, Blue-Eyed Jewish Queen: Bar Refaeli (בר רפאלי) (ladulcefrap.wordpress.com)
- My Jewish Mother and President Obama (blogs.forward.com)
- Outliers (sjewindy.wordpress.com)
- “A Portrait of Jewish Americans” (orangejewsblog.wordpress.com)